CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 5, 2008

A 2 year supply of Infant Motrin....

would cost $240.....just in case you are wondering. No I haven't stocked my 2 year supply yet. We go through about a bottle a month, sometimes more when having serious teething issues. Why would I know this? Because I just had to stock up again. This is the life of having TWO toddlers.

This week at least one of our two kids have been up until midnight and Audrey has had two nights that she has woken up again after 1am and cried for about another hour or more. Tom and I are zombies right now. Tom has been working 12-16 hour days and so that makes it even harder. My schedule hasn't been much better....but at least a little better.

On top of no sleep, we are refinancing our house this week and so the appraiser came yesterday, so what little time we had when the kids WERE asleep, we were touching up the house, cleaning carpets, and doing "honey-do" projects to get our house looking like it hasn't been lived in by the two toddlers.

Oh yeah and Christmas decorations.....everything is up but the tree. It is strange to have all your decorations up and no tree. It makes the house look unfinished and still un-Christmasy without the tree. As I have been pulling out decorations, especially my nativities, I point out Mary, Joseph and Jesus to Ella and Audrey. Audrey (probably unintentionally) said the best "Jesus" I have heard out of either of them. That girl won't be far behind Ella in her speaking ability. Which is saying a lot because Ella speaks more then any other kid her age I have met. It is nice to have them learn about Christ and not just Santa. I am not against Santa and I want them to enjoy Christmas presents, but I also want them to really understand what Christmas is about. Today I took Audrey to the doctor (to see if her lack of sleep could be an ear infection because she sleeps in your arms, but screams the minute you set her down....nope, just teething in case you were wondering). When we walked in there was a Christmas tree in the waiting area. Ella saw it and started bouncing and yelled "Mama a Jesus Tree". All the moms couldn't help but laugh and say how cute she is.

What am I doing on my blog with two kids asleep??? I am heading to BED!!

5 comments:

Lorilee said...

No kidding you freak. NEVER waste precious sleep time. I LOVE the Jack song and I am going to go get it myself as soon as I am done telling you how stinkin cut your girls are. Love you.

Anonymous said...

I was just into the store ready to stock up on some too and they were all out... I think Bradlee is getting more teeth too... she is into biteing and has been soon fussy. Good luck and I hope you are able to get some sleep this weekend. Your girls are so cute!

Cori said...

Motrin is pretty much the elixir of life in our house. Ryan takes more time to cut a tooth than any kid I've ever heard of. I think we pretty much keep our Costco in business with our Motrin purchases :)

Weaver said...

I was so ecited you find your blog. I can't believe how long it has been. When I told Colby that you had left me a message. He said "Greta Heidi Hill" I miss her. I had forgotten how everyone used to call you by your full name. Now we'll have to keep in touch.

Tara said...

I can certainly commiserate with you on the children up throughout the night. So sorry, but this too shall pass, right? I have to ask, why no tree yet? Well, I don't know if I will ever fully decorate for Christmas this year, but the tree is up! Unfortunately the only decorations that adorn the tree were put up by the children, so you can imagine how absolutely BEAUTIFUL it looks!