CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 24, 2009

Around the 4th of July

We started our trip out to Utah on July 2, late. We got in at 11:30 pm UT time, so about 2:30 in the morning our time. Both girls fell asleep on the flight, but by the time we got to baggage claim they were both up. Ella was so excited that we hadn't even gotten to the car by the time she started asking how far until Grandma's house. Ella stayed awake the whole drive down and was so happy to see Grandma. It was almost 2 am before we got to bed (4 am Eastern). I am not sure we will try that flight again.

July 3, we got settled in, then met Lorilee and Carl for dinner at Happy Sumo. Somehow Lorilee convinced Tom and I to run in Freedom Festival Run with her, Carl and Carl's brother Ian. I am still not sure how we got roped in, but once we agreed, we committed to see it through.

Early on July 4th, we got up early and left the girls with Tom's parents. We headed for our races! I started in a different place then Tom, so he had to drop me off but our ending location was the same. Tom was running a 10K, while I ran the 5K. I am not going to humiliate myself by posting my time here, but I did okay for not training for two weeks before. I DID get beat by two kids with prosthetic legs (hey they wouldn't let a guy compete in the Olympics with a prosthetic leg because they say it gave him an advantage right?) BUT I beat my best time so I was happy. I waited at the end line looking for rest of the group. (I was the only one running a 5K.) Tom did great. He didn't beat Lorilee, but he DID beat Steve Young.

Tom, me, Ian, Lorilee, Carl

Us "running"


After the race we headed over to the parade. Our SIL, Simone's parents, have a home on University and the Hindmarshes always head there for the parade. It is a prime location and is always PACKED around there. Ironically we ended up sitting right next to my old roommate Nikki and her family. It was fun to see them there and catch up for a few minutes. Tom's parents met us there with the girls and my dad and Julie also came to watch with us. I told my dad how much the girls like flags, so he brought a package for everyone to play with. Audrey liked the flags nearly as much as the parade. Ella said her favorite was the Fire Trucks, but she sure seemed to like all the bands and especially the huge balloons.
Me, Audrey, Scott

Dad, Julie, Jessie, Ella

After the Parade, we headed home for naps and then all the Hindmarshes got together for dinner. UMMM. Ella and Audrey immediately loved all their cousins. Everyone is a cousin, Aunts, Uncles, 1st cousin, 2nd cousins, etc. They loved all the girls their own age.

Lindsey, Reece, Ella, Chloe Gavin, Tristan, the girls

Danny, Jessie, Simone

Everyone watching "parachutes"

Later, we headed over to the BYU soccer fields to watch Danny win a game, then we moved onto the field to watch the fireworks from Stadium of Fire. It was a great night and our girls LOVED the fireworks. I was happy they weren't scared at all.
More of our trip to come. I have to go resize the rest of the pictures to upload them :)

0 comments: