Sunday, February 15, 2009

Oh what a week....

I still have last week to catch up on before I start on this week. Tom's parents were here and we enjoyed every minute of them. On Tuesday it started snowing. We ended up with several inches. Tom took these while it was snowing that night.

The next morning we let the girls look out the window as we were getting breakfast ready and told them we could bundle up and go outside. Grandma stuck her hand out the door and scooped up some snow in her hand to let the girls touch it. Audrey kept grunting at it and Ella ran away from it saying "I's scared". Gramps went out and made a snowball and Audrey finally touched that, but no go with Ella. Daisy ended up eating the snowball. This should have prepared me for what outside would be like. All I have to say is these girls are DEFINITELY mine. We all hate the cold.

It had pretty much melted by the next day. Tom's mom helped us re-docorate the living room. I wish I had before and after pictures, but after you hear about this week, maybe you'll be more forgiving of my lack of pictures. Saturday night we had a going away party for the Knoops. They have been some of our best friends out here and are moving back to NM. We are excited for them but hate to see them go.
Here we are at the top, then Paige and Curtis with Calla, then Travis and Stephanie and Sabey.
Tom's parents left on Sunday afternoon and our crazy work week began. First of all, I knew this was going to be a long tough week. I was training 3 new offices with new installs. Those always take a lot of time and effort. I knew they would be long hours. On Monday I got a call from Cassie that Audrey was throwing up. Tom was about an hour away, but closer then me so he went to get them. Cassie's husband Shawn was home and suggested they give her a blessing so he and Tom gave her a blessing that night. Tom stayed home on Tuesday with them while I was doing another new office training. I was there Tues-Thurs. Again these are usually 10-12 hour days with the commute. The girls did great for Tom, no sickness or anything. On Thursday the office was doing surprisingly well, which is good because I got a call about 2 that Ella was throwing up and it was pretty bad. I hurried and left to get her. I got her home and she was puking about every 15-20 mins. By 6pm I was getting worried. She wasn't keeping ice chips down. The doctors office told me to try 5 cc of Pedialyte every 10 mins and she wasn't keeping that down. What scared me the most was how lethargic she was. Paige came to look at her and told us to take her to the Pediatric ER. Tom and Curtis gave her a blessing before we left. By this time it was abot 7:30, so I called our friend and neighbor Sherri and she came to watch Audrey so she could sleep in her own bed. Tom and I took Ella in and they finally saw us at about 11:30. She was definitely dehydrated. They hooked her up to an IV and started pumping her full of fluids and Zofran to keep her from being nausous. Curtis came to get me from the hospital about 1:30 because I had to work the next day and be up by 5:00. Tom got home with Ella about 4. He stayed home again Friday with them. I went up to my training, got done fairly quickly and another trainer stayed with them and I left early. I also had to go to the office on Saturday, yep Valentine's. I was there most of the day doing cleanup on their data. I got home about 5 and started feeling sick. We were suppose to have a date night, but that was cancelled with all the sickness. So Valentine's night I spent in bed with a bucket next to me and Tom in the spare room so he didn't get sick. Tom made me this great dinner and I couldn't even touch it.
One thing about this week is that Tom really stepped up and was a wonderful dad. He took such good care of the girls. As stressful as the week already was, it could have been much more stressful without his calm composed attitude. I appreciate him so much. I also have such an appreciation for friends. I have been reading my friend Erica's blog and it breaks my heart that she is away from her family and she has NO ONE that helps her in her desperate situations. I am just so so grateful that we do have wonderful friends, neighbors and ward members that have been another family to us.


Meagan Briggs said...

Oh my goodness.....Audrey!!! Her face! I miss them so much! And i cannot believe it snowed that much in NC. Geez....We are semi feeling winter being over. Today it was bright and sunny and 30 degrees! hahaha so maybe my March 1st we'll actually be into the upper 30's or 40's even!!! miss and love you guys!

Marie said...

I'm so sorry that you had such a hard week, but I am so grateful that you have wonderful Tom and other friends and ward members to take such good care of you! I hope that you all get back to full health quickly! (Btw, the pics of the girls crying in the snow were precious!)

Amy Joy said...

Sweet babies you have. I hate the cold too. I am so sorry you and your baby got sick. Zofran is heaven sent. Hit your FP up for some if it happens again, or we could live by you and you could hit my husband up. There are perks about the road we are on. Thanks for the travel tips. I am giving it a try.

Jennifer M said...

Hope you're all on the mend this week--sounds like that was a really rough one.