CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 2, 2009

Family Fun

Last week our neighbors, Todd and Alana and AJ moved out. They are moving up to Boston. We are going to miss them. AJ is about 3 weeks younger then Ella and their dog Sox plays with Daisy. For those of you that don't know Sox, she doesn't really like strangers, so having the movers there was driving everyone crazy. The movers got done earlier then expected so Sox stayed with us part of the week. The girls LOVE Sox. (We call her Sox-ey) They would wake up and look for her.


One night Tom pulled out the guitar and the girls started dancing around. They are fascinated with the guitar and music. Tom figured out how to play "Twinkle Twinkle Littel Star" for Ella. She sings it at the top of her lungs most of the day every day. Of course she says it "Tinkle Tinkle Little Star". I wish she would Tinkle. Potty training is pretty much at a standstill. I put her on her potty and she will just sit there and wait until I put the diaper back on to go. Anyway, back to the music. Tom's most prized possession is his guitar. He loves it. I was really surprised that he let the girls play with it with him, especially since Ella had a graham cracker. I guess that tells you what his true most prized possessions are.



It started raining on Friday so we took the girls to Monkey Joe's. They are all these big blown-up bounce house type toys. They have a whole section for Mini-Monkey's and the girls had a great time. They were running around all over the place. When I was taking Ella to one of the jumpy areas she took my face in her hands and said "I loves this house. Let's come play here every days." Unfortunately I left the camera at home for that trip. It rained all Saturday as well, and most of Sunday. Sunday afternoon the rain turned to snow. It kept up most of the night. We had Paige and Curtis over for dinner and as it was snowing it started to lightening and thunder. Apparently this is a SUPER uncommon experience. They had people from the weather channel documenting it. I decided to take a picture comparing the amount of snow from this snow storm and the last one in Feburary. They were taken about the same time into the storm. It continued to snow though so I didn't get all the snow on the current picture. The picture on the left is the Feb. storm, the picture on the right is last night's.


Since my kids hate the snow we are going to be indoors for the next two days. By Thursday we are going to be back in the 60's though. What crazy weather!!!

2 comments:

Tara said...

sounds like you are ready for the inclimate weather to be a thing of the past. I don't mind a couple of rainy days, but for me it gets old pretty quickly.

One time when we lived in Nebraska-I stayed inside for 6 days-I wouldn't even check the mail because it was too cold. I'm sure that comes as a complete surprise to you?

Anyway, your girls are growing so fast. Are you guys going to make your way back here again sometime soon?

The subject of Mountain Dew and it being worse for you than other drinks came up the other day and it made me think of the good ol' days. Miss you:(

Anonymous said...

How fun! I remember Tom playing his guitar when we had that little new years eve party... I love when guys can play guitar and sing. Hey do you remember what Ashley's last name was? Brandon Bradfords ex...? I am just curious to see if she is on facebook...